Las Vegas Neon Museum – BIGBANG TONIGHT Music Video Filming Location

img_4477

If it wasn’t because of BIGBANG, I wouldn’t have discovered this museum. It strike my mind when I know that I’m going to Las Vegas, I remember they filmed their Tonight Music Video in Las Vagas that was released in 2011!

Untitled.jpg
BIGBANG TONIGHT Music Video screenshot
I was actually dying to find out which hotel they filmed at, I’m guessing it’s Mandalay Bay(also the venue where they held their MADE Tour concert in Las Vegas), but seriously I only get 3 days to do my research T.T and it seems like not much VIP tracked BIGBANG footprint in Las Vegas, but the Neon Museum is still an interesting place to visit!

Fremont_Street_1952.JPG
Fremont Street, 1952 Source: wikipedia
I believed all of us are familiar with all these neon lightings right? We saw it on US blockbuster, drama, it’s the hotel signage, the restaurant signage etc.

Neon lighting was invented in the early 1900s and was used throughout the century, mostly for advertising purposes. I was told by our tour guide in Neon Museum that when the first Neon Signage was up in Las Vegas strip, it caused a huge traffic jam.

VIP surely familiar with all these scenes in Tonight M/V!

The Neon Museum is located near to downtown in Las Vegas, near to the Fremont Street. It’s within walking distance, about 300 meters away.

The Neon Museum

img_4467

To visit the Neon Museum, you will have to book the guided tour through their website. Visitors are not allowed to go into the museum without reservation as you will need a guide to guide you through the museum. The museum is a very small museum with all neon signs collections.

Tours are available seven days a week and tour times vary based on the season. Please note, the Neon Boneyard is an outdoor collection, so please dress appropriately for the weather. It features seven restored signs.

The first guided tour starts at 10.00am and the last night tour at 8.30pm.

NOTE: Book your ticket in ADVANCE, 3 days to 1 week in advance, due to limited quantity per 1 guided tour, it often sell-out.

img_7149

DAY TOUR

Ticket prices for day tours are $18 for general admission; seniors 65+, students, active military, veterans and Nevada residents are $12 (valid ID required for each discounted ticket: must show current ID upon arrival).

NIGHT TOUR

Ticket prices for night tours are $25 for general admission; seniors 65+, students, active military, veterans and Nevada residents are $22 (valid ID required for each discounted ticket: must show current ID upon arrival).

BEFORE YOU VISIT, PLEASE BE ADVISED:

• No backpacks, camera bags, large bags, additional camera lenses, monopods, selfie sticks or tripods are allowed on tours.
  • No alcohol.
  • No weapons.
  • We are accessible in accordance with ADA (AA) requirements.  Service animals only are allowed.
  • We recommend visitors wear closed-toe shoes.
  • Neon Boneyard tours are guided tours; visitors must remain with their guide and group. The yard contains broken glass and rusty metal.  Visitors are advised to be aware of their surroundings at all times for their safety and for the safety of our collection.
  • No smoking, electronic cigarettes, chewing tobacco or snuff is allowed.
  • Museum-appropriate attire required.
  • Tour guests arriving more than 20 minutes late may forfeit their place on the tour.
  • ANYONE FAILING TO FOLLOW THE GUIDELINES WILL KINDLY BE ASKED TO LEAVE.

You can take as many photos as you want for personal use. But if you are interested in conducting a photo shoot at the Neon Museum, you can book the museum for the photo shoot at Book a Photo Shoot page.

How to get to Neon Museum?

If you’re living somewhere near Las Vegas strip, near to the all the hotels (Bellagio, Planet Hollywood etc.), then you will have to take a cab to the museum. The museum is somewhere near downtown Fremont Street, which is also near to Las Vegas Premium Outlet Store. 😀

Advertisements

21 Comments Add yours

1. Lisa Chow May Han says:

Pretty cool that you managed to find the exact location, there are tons of movies that make me want to visit the locations they shot at too. Example like Game of Thrones!

2. Rawlins GLAM says:

Also in my bucket list. Hopefully, will be able to visit Las Vegas soon. The lights, the glamours, the scenery.

3. Ivy Kam says:

What a great idea, to discover new places through idol’s mtv 🙂

4. Rodger says:

How irony could it be when they allow us to take as much photos as we want for personal use, yet don’t allow even a selfie stick inside. What’s with the backpack? I don’t see a reason why they should prohibit it.

5. Leona says:

your photoshoot of yourself really look like can be part of the MV already, really cool ! can’t tell much difference

6. Neon Museum looks awesome and definitely you will see all happening people around.

7. Wow I wish to go back to Las vegas again. There are so many entertainment going on 24 7.

8. Shubhada says:

Great photos and cool post. You are lucky to visit this dream place of many.

9. Farena says:

Wow this looks like an amazing place to visit. Love your photos too.

10. Omg so cool! Lucky you to be able to visit the Neon Museum. All VIPs will definitely flock there

11. Betty Liew says:

This place is amazing. At first I thought the Neon Museum will be historical museum like other normal museum. After seeing your review, I found this Museum is fun.

12. Amelie Yap says:

woah, it was a nice place! I hope I can visit one day.

13. Jane says:

First time heard about Neon Museum but it looks interesting place to visit. Will check this out.

14. choogengqian says:

quite a special museum. Hope I have chance to set foot in the museum.

15. roseliew says:

Neon museum. But bookmark this place.

16. I am impressed with the Neon Museum… looks like an amazing place to check out… I missed it when I was there in 2001 or maybe it was not there yet?? hmmm

17. You must be a really big fan of BIGBANG, looking from how serious you are in finding out their music video filming location!

18. DSvT says:

Loves your photos. thanks for introduce this place to us

19. This place so cool! Can take a lot of art pic also 😛 Thanks for sharing 😉

20. Cheryn Tan says:

Incredibly interesting, I did not know this place existed. This looks like something that I would totally enjoy! Sounds really strict though… Thanks for sharing anyways!

21. Never thought of visiting this place at all…… But I guess it could be an interesting place to stop by